Starachowice

This 750mm gauge line opened as recently as 1950, from a standard gauge connection at Starachowice to Ilza.  In 1989 it was recorded as being 20km long and carried 61,988 tons of freight; the passenger service had already ceased.

The line has now closed completely, and in 1998 there was no evidence of any rolling stock, although the track was still in place.  There may have been some items in the shed.


Oct98
Oct98
The depot, built in 1950 for a relatively short line. All track still in place, but no stock in sight.

Return to Narrow Gauge Railways of Poland
Hit Counter
Andrew Goodwin, Stephen Goodwin & Dave Meller 1996-2003
Last Updated 14 October 2003