WHR Logo

Welsh Highland Railway
Rheilffordd Ucheldir Cymru


The Route in Modern Pictures

NWNGR Section (Plas-y-nant to South Snowdon)


[../pc/fm2.htm]


Click hear for a more detailed map of this area
Glan-yr-afon Viaduct

The NWNGR's only major bridge


Glanrafon (Quarry) Sidings

An NWNGR Halt, this was the site of sidings serving the local Quarries

1989

1940's (WHR Coll.)


South Snowdon to Quellyn Lake


South Snowdon Station.

This was the Terminus of the NWNGR for many years.

This is where the Porthmadog, Beddgelert, and South Snowdon Railway (PBSSR) started its extension of the NWNGR. South Snowdon only became a through station in 1922 when the WHR was completed. (South Snowdon was also known as Rhyd Ddu in WHR days)

1989

1940's (WHR Coll.)


Return main page
Go on to next section

Andrew Goodwin & Stephen Goodwin 1996-2004